Get your website completely free with domain name and hosting!
I hope you will love your web presence with your own name, not just some subdomain. But you don’t have much money to purchase a domain and a hosting. If so, you landed on the correct page!
I was looking for a long time for my website with my own name, but I don’t have much to invest in the domain name and hosting purchase. After searching for a long time, I stumbled on the solution that I am going to share with you below.
I always wanted my domain name, and as I am a blogger I wanted to set up a blog there. But alas! I don’t have much pocket money to invest there. So I kept searching for how to get a free website hosting and a domain name.
Many of the results that you find on Google are fake and scams. Either they don’t provide the service they claim or they give you a very bad service.
Now, I will tell you the steps that you need to perform to get your own domain name and website and that too on Zero-Cost! I got my free website in the same way.
Registering for the free domain name:
- Search the availability of your desired domain at http://www.freenom.com/en/index.html
- You can register either of .tk, .ml, .ga, .cf, .gq domains for free. Read more here.
- Select the domain and checkout.
- If you select for free domain name, select the free registration period (12 months free preferred)
- Then create an account, provide your details and complete the order.
Registering for the free hosting:
- The best service that I found for free hosting is 000webhost.com
- Sign up for ‘Free Web Hosting’ plan. You get
- 1000 MB Disk Space
- 10000 MB Bandwidth
- 2 MySQL Databases
- 5 Email Forwarders
- 2 Websites
- Website Builder
- Free domain hosting
- and much more… Go check the plan!
- Once you sign up, upon login, it will ask to create a website and provide the domain name.
Parking the domain:
- After logging in your 000webhost account, click on ‘set web address’, then select ‘Own Domain’.
- Enter your free domain name without ‘http://www’ and click ‘park domain’.
- You will get a message saying ‘waiting for nameservers’. You will get the nameservers on your registered emails. Probably ‘ns01.000webhost.com’ and ‘ns02.000webhost.com’
- Go to your freenom.com account, click on Services–>My Domains.
- Then click ‘Manage Domain’ in front of your domain.
- Then click Management Tools–>Nameservers
- Select ‘Use custom nameservers (enter below)’ and enter the nameservers, and click ‘Change Nameservers’
- Come back to 000webhost.com account, in front of your domain click Manage–>Recheck Nameservers
- It can take up to 24 hours for the last step to completely work (for me it worked in within a minute). Once done, it will show ‘Ready’ under linked website.
- Then click on Manage–>Link Website, select your website and click on ‘Continue’, and click ‘Connect’.
- Then you can go to your domain, for example in my example http://www.demodomain.ml/ and it should open a web page saying ‘Hooray, your free website has been started!’
Developing the website:
- After logging in your 000webhost account, click on ‘Build Website’.
- You will have 3 options to build the website:
- Use a website builder.
- WordPress quick install.
- Upload the website.
- You can opt any option depending upon your requirements and your website development skills.
After this, you are ready to go!
Note: The free domains are free forever and can be registered for max. 12-months span at once. You will need to renew the registration after this time span.
I hope the information I have shared will help you. If it has helped you and you like my post, please share and comment. Also, please share your feedback with me, it will help me improve my blog and provide you with better information.
– Punit Singh