Save Data, Save Life, For free!
How horrible is that –
You have a presentation with company authorities next morning, all the preparations have been done, all the facts and figures collected, all the documents are completed, and just this night, your Hard Drive Crashes!!! Boom!!!!!!
Horrible! and Deadly!
Hard Drives are built in such a way that the can bear a bit of shock, but in some cases, the hard drive can fail irrecoverably!
Common causes are –
- Your computer is bumped or jostled while it is running;
- The electric motor which allows the platter to spin fails due to bad bearings or other components;
- The filter on your air intake gets too clogged or the filter isn’t working properly;
- Extreme heat while running causes the electronic circuit board to fail;
- There is a sudden power failure while the disk is writing.
So, what to do in case of hard drive failure, where to get the lost data?
For this, you just need to take some precautions i.e. be prepared with Data Backup and that plan is for paying $0.00/mo. Here, I am gonna describe the data backup plan which I follow for my own data. Go Ahead, Reading is Worth!
What you would need –
- Data to backup
- Internet Connection
- Spare Hard Drive or USB Hard Drive
- Some Data Backup Software
What’s the plan –
- Categorize which data needs to be backed up, of course, you would not like to backup all your data like – movies you have watched.
- Find which data needs to be on the cloud, and which needs to be backed on a separate hard drive. Here, if you use a desktop, you can install a secondary hard drive, and with laptops, a USB hard drive always works!
- Install the following cloud storage – Google Drive (15 GB), OneDrive (15 GB + 3 GB), Dropbox (2 GB) and Box (10 GB), so I think 45 GB are enough for your all office data unless you are in Photoshop thing! Now you can put the all the data, which you may need to access remotely in these cloud storage, like your office presentation!
- Now, we are going to use the spare hard drive that you have installed. You can download and install Sync Back or Crash Plan, they both give a free option to backup your data in your spare hard drive. Now in case your main hard drive crashes, you can always use these software to recover your lost data!
How cool is that? No data loss ever! And that’s all for Free!!!
I hope the information I have shared will help you. If it has helped you and you like my post, please share and comment. Also, please share your feedback with me, it will help me improve my blog and provide you with better information.
– Punit Singh